Of course that Lipe is the main place to visit in Satun as it is one of paradise for Andaman Sea. By the way, there are many more places around this island where you must go. Other islands which are around are easily reached by longtail boat or speed boat. If you come to Satun and stay in Lipe, here are the place where you must not miss.
Tarutao is another place where you should visit. There are many attractive spots on the island to visit as follow;
1. Ao Phante Malaka – This is headquartering part where Tarutao National Park Office located. It is the service center for all tourists and there is also exhibition about nature and important history of Tarutao. Ao Phante Malaka has a long white sand beach and it also offers a nice sunset view. From this bay, you can also walk to view point, named Pha To Bu or To Bu Cliff where is 60 meter above sea level. It takes 20 minutes by walk from Phante Malaka to this viewpoint. From Pha To Bu, it is overlooking Ko Bu Lhone, Ko Klang, Ko Khai, Ko Adang, Ko Ravee and Phetra National Park.
2. Ao Chak – Ao Chak is a small and peaceful bay next to Ao Phante Malaka. This bay is a nice place for blissful relaxation.
3. Ao Mo Lae – This bay is 4 km. from the park’s headquarters. It has very nice and white sand beach with beautiful coconut grove. There are also bungalows which are good for some recreation.
4. Ao Son – This bay has a camping site together with food and beverage service for tourists who prefer to experience a true nature. There is small waterfalls which are Namtok Ludu and Namtok Lopo (Namtok is waterfall). This bay is a perfect place for forest trekking and nature survey. Ao Son is 8 km from the park’s headquarters.
5. Ao Talo Wao – This bay is located on East coast of the island. This is the best spot for beautiful sunrise. This bay has rich of memorable history as it used to be detention center in the past. Nowadays, the committees of the park have reproduced the building of the detention home to show tourists the history of this island.
6. Ao Talo Udang – This bay is on southern part of Tarutao Island and 8 km from Ko Langawi. This part used to be the plan for detained political prisoners. The outstanding point of this bay is the standing rock at the end of the bridge.
During the way to Koh Lipe by boat, the tourists can stop at Koh Khai before reaching Koh Lipe. Koh Khai is on the west of Tarutao Island about 15 kilometers. It has beautiful clear sea water. The main attraction of Koh Khai is the love stone arch. The love stone arch is natural stone where people believe that it will inspire people to success in love. The main activity for all tourists is to walk underneath the love stone arch and it will help you to have forever loved especially if you can do it together with your lover.
Koh Khai is also the popular place for wedding festival on Valentine’s Day.
There is another not to be missed island called “Koh Hin Ngam”, located on the South West of Koh Adang Rawee. The unique natural beauty of this island is not a white sand beach but various shapes of shiny dark stones scattering around the island. This is like a wonder land where has polished dark stones around. On the sunshine day, when we see Koh Hin Ngam from being on boat, we will see dark beach with many dark stones. The shiny and smooth stones are best beautiful when the waves splash on them on sunshine day.
There is a very enjoyable activity for all tourists on Koh Hin Ngam which is rock piling of 13 stones without fail then your wish will come true. This fun activity seems to be a must to do when you visit this miracle island.
Another believe which is counted as the strict rule is warning about taking the stone out of the island. There is the sign with the curse and it said that “whoever dared to take any beautiful stone away from the island will face many different disasters”. The best to do is taking lot of photos to be your nice memory only.
Koh Hin Ngam is an amazing place where is really unforgettable and unable to defy description. Don’t forget to visit!
The highlight of this attraction is the stacked stoned where naturally created. Koh Hin Son located 15 kilometers from Koh Adang, in front of Koh Dong and Koh Peung. This place is another recommended place for snorkeling and scuba diving to see beautiful coral and sea fan.
There 2 islands are located near each other and they also have similar size so this is the reason why people call Adang and Rawee as twin islands.
The charming thing for Adang and Rawee Island is many corals and variety kinds of fish around the island. Most of the tourists often rent the long tail boat to this island for snorkeling to see gorgeous underwater world.
Koh Adang used to be place for pirates in the part. So it also has rich of history. Koh Adang has a pure white sand beach and corals are around the area so snorkeling is a must.
Koh Rawee has a long white sand beach so it is perfect choice for relaxation on beach. This place is of course a choice for diving lover. There is the famous place where all divers must go, it called “Rong Nam Jabang” which is between Koh Adang and Koh Rawee. The feature of Rong Nam Jabang is the heap of stones under the sea and it is a perfect place for soft corals and colorful sea flowers.